Monday, October 7, 2013

Evaluating Life

I am supposed to be posting three things that could be used as memoirs. Memoirs being: a personal account of an experience. This means a lot of self-evaluating, what could there be that is interesting enough for me to talk about about my past life? Excuse me while I scratch my head about that one for the next couple of days. For now I suppose I will have to do a couple though I am feeling a bit lost. What I find mundane might be extraordinary for someone else, and what I might find extraordinary may very well be mundane for someone else.

*Sigh* Let's try.

1) My adventure in being a small little blog with big dreams. No unfortunately I am not talking about this blog, I am talking about my other blog that I started almost a year ago going in feeling concerned about a lot of things. First being I wanted to review books, not just any books but indie books. Being mean is not something I am very good at it. But when reviewing sometimes you have to be what the authors and dedicated fans would considered "mean". I have actually been part of that backlash even though I try to keep all my reviews lighthearted, and kind even if I didn't like the book. But this little blog has expanded, and has me branching out so much. On top of helping me grow as someone being a critical reader it helped me make new friends, becoming more social (even if it is online). Made me more open to a whole lot of new ideas.






2) Writing and reading with dyslexia. Yeah growing up with a twin that could read at a normal pace and you are a little farther back makes things a bit difficult not only on self-esteem but on many other aspects. I hated reading when I was younger, hated it, and it wasn't until I was in 8th grade did I finish my first really big chapter book. (At least of what I could remember). I had only started writing a few years before that, in 6th grade. Of course that story will never see the light of day, since I didn't believe in paragraphs at the time. Anyways while during English parts of Elementary classes, and even in Middle school I was pulled out to do Special Ed classes. Grammar wasn't something I learned like other people, reading was painful and it was a long road but now I read as if its my source of life. Writing is the same.


3) Riding horses, showing in horse shows, and all that comes with it is more than practicing an hour and a half every day. A lot of people might not see riding as a sport but if one has never done a show I would like to see them re-think what they say after doing one day. One class really. There is so much more to it. It's learning responsibility, sportsmanship, and patience. One can't be going off the handle especially around 1000 pound animals that are meant to be trusting of your level-head. There is also a community of people, which becomes like a little world of our own.


1 comment:

  1. All of these are workable ideas, but you may have to limit them in some way. You have only 2-3 pages, so think about a moment or a few moments you want to focus in on. You want to spend a good deal of space developing story element, so if the story is to complex, you spend time explaining what happen to readers. You also have the option of being an observer rather than a participant. I am curious to see what idea you choose.

    ReplyDelete