Monday, September 16, 2013

Private Writing

Shh...its a secret. But not really.
Writing is an expression of the inner most thoughts right? In the article Writing as a Self-Revelation, it seems that the author feels that way though. A subconscious act that pours out from our minds to the page to write what we dare not say. I find this fascinating and unable to find a reason to disagree. Part of me - I think the part that loves to write says this cannot be true, its something that I have carefully formed in my mind, and allowed to grow on its own. But where would it have learned to have grown other than in my head? Its something I think is slightly hard to accept because in the end its agreeing to the idea that our minds aren't as infinitely limitless. Its through experience of our own, and fears of our own, or whatever it maybe fueling us at the moment.
If writing is an expression of our inner most thoughts, and the author of this article also believes in the basic human concept of wanting to understand and be understood is true, then the subconscious working out our feelings in the forms of poetry, fiction, blogging even is a form of this. Then right now I suppose I am trying to get you to understand that while I see the logic in what the author says I still hope to believe in the unbelievable. Writing gives me a piece of that, to believe in the unbelievable.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of an authentic voice to connect with readers. You will engage an audience because of your ability to write with a personal flair. Keep it up. Just see if you can work on improving the overall presentation - use paragraph breaks and better punctuation in spots.

    ReplyDelete