Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Tragedy Of Thursday

            Today I came to the overwhelming conclusion that I have become completely lazy - this week. I know school has started - we are what in our third week now. And I find myself even falling behind in my other activities as well. Outside of school I am an avid reader of Indie books, and run a blog with a friend. On top of school work I am receiving books that need to be read as well but I find myself doing absolutely nothing really then coming away from the day thinking...wow I was so busy.  All I know is that I am deluding myself into believing that what I am doing is okay. I am tempted to say as Lana Del Rey sings: "I got the summertime sadness" but I don't particularly care for summer all that much.  In the end today was probably the worst case yet.
           

              Certainly though I found reasons to justify my need to skip classes today, and have a "Becca" day. The night before I got scolded - yes scolded for a private matter, that ended in tears. Rather horrible for me being that I don't normally cry all that much. I woke up at 5 am with a splitting headache - took some Advil and waited an hour for it to work. (Was this the best reason to excuse myself from classes? No it wasn't. Would I have called into work because of this, no, I would have grinned and bared it like a normal person.) So I reasoned with myself and said well I will got to my night class because I was still feeling rather horrible in the morning, and work on other stuff. Instead I got next to nothing done ... again.
             So the time was getting closer for me to get ready for my night class - that isn't really a night class. And again I was finding excuses not to go. I have to commute 45 minutes out of my way. I don't have the book yet - still hasn't come in the mail, do I really want to be that student who keeps using her neighbors? More excuses, more reasons just to be blah today. I find it totally unfair of me while others actually got off their bums and did what they needed to do today. Will this stop me in the future from skipping classes? No. I am feeling guilty because I did nothing to make up for it. I did nothing for my blog, I did no reading for the authors I have been promising reviews for, and I have done no writing of my own...besides this.
             After watching the TED talk video I knew that honesty is probably "the best policy". Hence why I am being brutally honest now to a professor, and my peers on how on their hard-worked day I decided to do next to nothing. Also I am being brutally honest with myself, the pizza pinwheels I made for lunch was not worth saying home from school.
         


            I should have gone or at the very least pushed myself to do more homework, or blog stuff - as I feel as if I am falling behind in that as well. So total brutal honesty? This has been the Tragedy of Thursday. I just couldn't wait for Friday (which will be filled with work anyways) to take a break like a normal person. Doesn't seem fair to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment